Porcupine Tree - Deadwing CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4 stars Porcupine Tree is definitely one of the forerunners in the modern prog movement, and Deadwing is a wonderful album of theirs, characterized by dark, moody atmospheres alternating with heavy, bordering on metal, sections. Highlights of this album for me are "Arriving Somewhere but Not Here", and the beautiful ballad "Lazarus". My version has a bonus re-recording of "Shesmovedon", which is actually my favourite Porcupine Tree song, and had it not been for this album I would not have heard it, so I'm grateful that they put that on there. I highly recommend Deadwing, along with everything else by Porcupine Tree, as they are definitely a special band with the power to move me emotionally like very few bands can do.
sean | 4/5 |