Magellan - Innocent God CD (album) cover

4 stars In my opinion, Magellan's finest since Impending Ascension. Obviously an acquired taste, Magellan don't appear to float the boat of many Progressive Rock fans.

The eponymous track 'Innocent God' is their best track since 'Estadium Nacionale' - there's a fabulous change of direction midway through, presenting wonderful harmonies from the heavens and chord changes par excellence. 'Found' continues an aggressive, almost world music theme and 'Sea of Detail' is another blinding performance.

I'm not going to review ad nauseum - suffice to say I suggest you give this album a real chance. I was hooked on second listen and when compared to other recent Magellan releases, this one really stand head and shoulders above them. My prog album of far. Four stars.

Baggiesfaninuk | 4/5 |