Jadis - Across The Water CD (album) cover

ACROSS THE WATER

Jadis

progrules
5 stars So far I am familiair with all songs Jadis has ever produced, usually composed by Gary Chandler himself and I have to say I have not yet heard a real poor one. Of course it's always the case that some songs are better than others but the qualitydifference in Jadissongs is very little. Recently I read in an interview with Chandler why this is: he produces songs or parts of songs in quite a significant number but he only uses the best parts/best songs for his albums. That is also the reason he sometimes produces one album in 3 years. He is quite choosy in what will end up as an albumsong.

A very good example of this fact in Jadis'music is his second album Across the water. This one contents only seven songs but they are all of a very high standard. Some of the songs are related to each other (Touch & No Sacrifice) but they are also fairly similar. Not very fast, quiet songs with - as usual - great guitarwork by mr. Chandler. Absolute highlight to me is In Isolation, a brilliant composition: Jadis at its best. As mentioned the rest is hardly any less. So I can give only 5 stars, it's fully deserved.

progrules | 5/5 |