Neal Morse - Cover To Cover CD (album) cover

COVER TO COVER

Neal Morse

Lofcaudio
3 stars This is a surprisingly enjoyable album, with outstanding performances put in by Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy and Randy George. While I would typically give an album of this caliber four stars, it's really not progressive enough to be considered "an excellent addition to any prog collection." Instead, I would say that it's an excellent addition to any classical rock music collection.

The highlights from this album (in my opinion) are Morse's renditions of "I'm Free/Sparks", "I'm the Man" and "Find My Way Back Home." Portnoy appears to have a field day on the kit pretending to be Keith Moon as he really delivers some excellent work covering The Who's "Sparks."

I normally do not care much for albums such as this, but this compilation of songs was so good, and Morse & Company's delivery is so strong, I have no problem recommending this album.

Lofcaudio | 3/5 |