King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic CD (album) cover

King Crimson

1 stars Quite some time ago I bought this record with high hopes because King Crimson is after all the cradle (or at least one of them) of progressive music. The other two are of course YES and GENESIS, I already knew them and have the greatest respect for these two bands. It's not quite the case with KC I'm afraid. It already starts with the first song, an "epic" of over 13 minutes but I was waiting till it really started. That was after 3 minutes !! I don't like that. I want action from the first seconds. And even after 3 minutes my patience kept being tested, I waited and thought: when does it REALLY start ? It didn't. And so was in fact the entire album. Only the last song starts to go slightly towards the vein of their later album RED which I appreciate much more.

Why this is such a high valued album , I don't understand. It will be a matter of taste. Not my cup of tea this one.

progrules | 1/5 |