Shadow Gallery - Room V CD (album) cover

Shadow Gallery

5 stars Shadow Gallery is an American Progmetal band with great potential. I already discovered that through their four previous albums but with their fifth (the title can't be a coincidence) they moved up to the absolute top league of progrock. What an amazing album, great variation with a few ballads and some rougher songs in a fantastic mix, a true classic. In one of my earlier reviews I stated that to deserve 5 stars at least 3 songs of top class quality should be on the album or the overall quality had to be very high. This time it's a mix of those two: the top songs are Rain, Room V and especially Encrypted one of the few songs I know that gives me the shivers down the spine. This happens particularly during the guitarriff by Gary Wehrkamp towards the end of the song. Other great tracks are Andromeda Strain, Vow and Torn. They prove that the guys were in absolute top form when they wrote this album. What a masterpiece !!!
progrules | 5/5 |