Anekdoten - A Time Of Day CD (album) cover

4 stars This is my first Anekdoten album and on this showing, it will not be my last. A Time Of Day is a wonderful achievement and, for me, there isn't a single weak track present - A Sky About To Rain and Every Step I Take are my particular favourites.

Regarding the album as a whole, it is full of musical layers and combines elements of just about every other flavour of prog, including some very post-rock-like climax building. I've only listened to it a couple of times but it's growing stronger with each listen and I find more and more amongst the layers.

I'm not quite convinced that it is an essential release but would give it 4.5 stars if I could. It is still an excellent addition to my prog library and I'm sure it would be to many others.

scarista | 4/5 |