Area - Maledetti CD (album) cover

MALEDETTI

Area

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Tapfret
4 stars More Experimental than Crac!

Of the 2 Area albums that I am so far familiar with, 'Maledetti' is far more experimental than 'Crac!'. The foundation of heavy porgressive jazz/rock fusion is still there, but the album also contains 'Chaos' in 2 seperate parts which are primarily improv pieces. 'Il Massacro Di Brandeburgo Numero Tre in Sol Maggiore' is basically a note for note rendition of the main theme of Brandenburg Concerto. Vocals are still very much in the style of Christain Vander (sans high-pitched screams. oh, except for 'Chaos') singing in Italian.

I am only familiar with the Akarma release, so I am only aware of problems with the Cramps release through reviews. But I will say that the Akarma release comes in a very beautiful mini-LP sleeve with complete art and booklet.

Strong effort, not quite as enjoyable as 'Crac!', but essential. 4.0 stars.

Tapfret | 4/5 |