National Health - Complete CD (album) cover

National Health

Canterbury Scene

Tapfret
3 stars Worthy

The Canterburians of my collection are in general some of my least favorite listens. In National Health's case, I only became aware of them through Dave Stewart's collaboration with Bruford in his solo work. As a matter of fact, there are at least 2 musical movements that the 2 projects share in common.

'Complete' is basically a box set of NH's first 3 albums in almost their entirety. The NH sound is very similar to the first 3 Bruford solo works. very tightly constructed Jazz/rock fussion. It is quality music and makes good background sounds, but if I sit and listen just to listen, it becomes rather tiresome about two thirds into the first disc.

2.9 stars.