The Flower Kings - The Sum Of No Evil CD (album) cover

The Flower Kings

5 stars For me this is by far the best symphonic prog album of the year, period. After Paradox Hotel I lost my trust in The Flower Kings (that doesn´t mean that PH is a bad album, but I think it was a little bit unisnpired and repetitive), but this happens to be again a great great album, full of big moments. I do like all the tracks but specially the opener One More Time and the last track Life in Motion, but I cannot forget the longest track, the epic The Sum Of No Reason with all its changes of ood and rithim and its wonderful final guitar solo. A lot of moments remind me of the YES and GENESIS of the seventies but TFK have their own way of looking back to that glorious decade for prog. I strongly recommend everyone to take a listen to it. 4.5 stars which I round up to 5 stars.
insmascaro | 5/5 |