Magma - Live/Hhaï (Köhntark) CD (album) cover

LIVE/HHAÏ (KÖHNTARK)

Magma

Zeuhl

obiter
5 stars This was my introduction to Magma. unusually for me I have the CD rather than Vinyl.

It's hard to describe this music. A bit jazzy, rhythmical, ambient, intense all at once. You must listen to this album. When you do persevere through the opening of Kohntark. i found it a bit hard to take at times.

Kobah and Lihns take you to a whole new workd of music at which the progger will fell at home, recognise parts but not the whoel, and yet be surrounded and immersed in sheer prog heaven. Hhai continues the theme: jazzy, rocky, folky with a hippy trip thrown in: I almost expected Joni Mitchell to join in.

Mekanik Zain has a interesting repeating riff played very quickly on the bass. the drums are superb but the absolute master here is Didier Lockwood. Indescribable.

An absolute must have album. esential to any prog collection. but while this floats my boat it wil not be to everyone's taste.

obiter | 5/5 |