Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# ∞ CD (album) cover

F# A# ∞

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Post Rock/Math rock

5 stars Post-Rock is one of my favorite branches of progressive.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor is really in their own little world. I have the cd version of F#A#∞, so there are three very long compositions, and all three of them are exceptional.

This is one of the darkest albums i've ever heard in my life. I view this album as a soundtrack to the apocalypse. Desolate lands and deserted cities fill the songs, the corporate takeover lead to the apocalypse (as hinted at in the opening poem in The Dead Flag Blues, which is sure to give you chills for hours when you think about it)

The final composition, Providence is my favorite, its epic in scale and musicially impressive

About Godspeed's music, its symphonic, but subtly so. Build ups from the simplest violin to an enitre orchestra give the high-points of the compositions power like no other band that is similar could ever pull off.

Incredible album, but be warned, this is not happy music.

therevelator | 5/5 |