Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

2 stars I've always had a problem with this album even as an ELP fan.It just fails to 'do it' as far as I'm concerned.Palmer's drumming is great (isn't it always??) but Emerson seems lacking in the creativeness that I expect from him.Too many of his keyboard parts here seem underdeveloped.My feeling is that he was to worried about making a mistake or perhaps he didn't want it to run over a certain predetermined time as it was being recorded.Greg Lake has little to do other than play bass and sing The Sage.At least you do get the bonus track 'Nutrocker' which is great fun and far better than anything else here.
richardh | 2/5 |