Spring - Spring CD (album) cover

5 stars A very colourful Spring

Spring is one of the first prog bands I've heard, and it immidiately grabbed my ears!

For me every song on this album (including the bonus tracks because that's how I listened to the album) are magnificent!

This is one of those albums where you listen and listen and everytime what you perceive as being your favourite song changes!

From the hunting begining of the opener, "The Prisoner (Eight By Ten)", to the beautiful soft and folky "Boats", it's all so very good.

I do not agree however that this album if PACKED with mellotrons, as the guitar does seem to be the lead instrument or atleast up there with the keyboard/organ/mellotron.

One more thing I would like to mention is that I find Pat Moran's vocals to be perfectly fine and with time I have grown to love the way he expresses himself in singing, so I guess it is an acquired taste, but, once you've acquired it.... =)

Other then that I really dig the album cover and theme! it is all very beautiful and it may be a shame Spring never got to release their second album but let's be thankful for what they have released!

A definite 5!