Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

4 stars I bought this album in 1980, and at that time I remember that it was one of my favourite albums. Today, after a very long time (I don`t remember when I listened to this album for the last time!) I listened again to this album, and I still found it interesting. My favourite song from this album is "Trilogy", with piano, organ and a lot of synthesizers, plus great drums by Palmer. As other reviewers, I also think that this album is more "quiet" in comparison to "Tarkus" and "Brain Salad Surgery". It is more accessible than these two albums. "The Endless Enigma" is like an "Hymn" , similar to "Jerusalem" from "Brain Salad Surgery". "From the beginning" is another of my favourite songs in this album. "The Sheriff" is humorous. "Hoedown" is played slower than the live version included in the "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends-Ladies and Gentleman:E.L.P" album. A very good album in general.
Guillermo | 4/5 |