Emerson Lake & Palmer - Works Vol. 2 CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Symphonic Prog Specialist
2 stars There's not much to say about this album, but it's evident that ELP days as imaginative composers are over, at this point we only have to expect good compilations and great concerts as an echo of an amazing past.

Works I was not very good and this one is worst, the album is plethoric of fillers and lacks of consistence, as if they had collected random songs and united them in an album (what I honestly believe they did).

A few songs save the album of being a complete disaster, like the simple but beautiful "I Believe in Father Christmas" and "Brain Salad Surgery" that sounds stronger than the rest without reaching a great level.

Only for die hard fans and for collectors. I rate it with 2 stars even if I believe it's under the ELP average, because I'm sure Love Beach and In the Hot Seat are worst.

Ivan_Melgar_M | 2/5 |