Emerson Lake & Palmer - Love Beach CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

3 stars Like somebody already said here before this album isn´t that bad! Considering that they had to do an extra album for contratual obligations and were at the same time exausted after a long and troubled tour, we have a satisfatory album, if not a truly progressive one. I just find here one truly bad song, the album title track. All the others are nice; then the version of the classic Canario is good, and finally I dare to say that the longer track Memoirs Of An Officer And A Gentleman is great!!! Overal, a good album, but non-essential. There were worser albuns before,during and after this one. For instance comes to my mind Triumvirat´s (a band in the ELP vein that made great albuns in the mid-seventies) Russian Roulette. Love Beach compared tothis one is a masterpiece of progressive rock.
elpprogster | 3/5 |