Emerson Lake & Palmer - Love Beach CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

3 stars Like somebody already said here before this album isnīt that bad! Considering that they had to do an extra album for contratual obligations and were at the same time exausted after a long and troubled tour, we have a satisfatory album, if not a truly progressive one. I just find here one truly bad song, the album title track. All the others are nice; then the version of the classic Canario is good, and finally I dare to say that the longer track Memoirs Of An Officer And A Gentleman is great!!! Overal, a good album, but non-essential. There were worser albuns before,during and after this one. For instance comes to my mind Triumviratīs (a band in the ELP vein that made great albuns in the mid-seventies) Russian Roulette. Love Beach compared tothis one is a masterpiece of progressive rock.
elpprogster | 3/5 |