Kamelot - Ghost Opera CD (album) cover

GHOST OPERA

Kamelot

ytprog
2 stars On the first listen I was completely captivated by the first track and was thinking if this is the beginning what the hell is this album going to grow into..Well disappointedly, a boorish, non-progressive directionless forgetful waste. Added to this, is the frustration of hearing a bunch of obviously talented musicians trying too hard to 'create that something so so special' and end up with a product that is lacking in everyway with exception to the production.

After my first listen I left it alone for a couple of days and then decided that another airing was warranted; the result was two forceful listens with exactly the same unchanged opinions.

In my humble opinion there is only one distinct positive for this album, and that is the production.

This was my first venture into the world of Kamelot, and most likely my last.

ytprog | 2/5 |