Cross - Visionary Fools CD (album) cover

VISIONARY FOOLS

Cross

kev rowland
Crossover Team
3 stars I remember reviewing an album by Cross which was released on Cyclops some time ago, but I know that they had released other albums even then. They have now set up their own label and their latest album is its' first release, but with no biog I can further very little else.

Cross are based around lead singer/guitarist (plus extra keys and mandolin) Hansi Cross, although the others do get some input on some of the songs. This is soaring prog, with large elements of Eighties Genesis and Pendragon, and at some points, it is almost Camel-esque. While there are many intricate passages, the focus is much more on songs with a purpose instead of meandering aimlessly.

While the vocals are important, the main elements are the interplay between the guitar and keyboards along with some very strong, almost tribal, rhythms. An album that I have enjoyed playing immensely.

Feedback #59, July 2000