Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Stati Di Immaginazione CD (album) cover

STATI DI IMMAGINAZIONE

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

scarista
4 stars PFM are not a band with which I was familiar until very recently. I've now got this album along with Storia Di Un Minuto and Per Un Amico and think all three are brilliant.

This album is what I consider to be a bit of a rarity. Why? Well, it's an instrumental album which is so melodic and lyrical that you do not miss the presence of a vocalist. All of the tracks keep you engaged, thoroughly immersing you in their musical journey. I find hints of Camel, Pink Floyd, Genesis and even Jethro Tull in these tracks but overall the flavour is PFM - at least so far as my all to brief acquaintance with this and their first two albums informs me.

As instrumental albums do not seem to find wide appeal, I can't give this one 5 stars though that is my inclination. However, it gets 4 stars because it is such an excellent instrumental album. One which is so varied in mood and tone that you just cannot consign it to the background - it demands that you listen intently, absorbing you with lush guitars, keyboards and violins. Brilliant!

scarista | 4/5 |