Dün - Eros CD (album) cover

Dün

Zeuhl

Eerichtho
5 stars Sheer bliss

...and beauty. Yes, there's real Beauty here, it's in zeuhlish fashion quite weird beauty, but still, full, inspired Beauty all the way. It shines through the light, but great of impact wonderful piano/synth-shimmerings and unnatural (or exactly the exact opposite), heavy textures woven by a bird-like flute and guitar. The zeuhl-bass and mighty, yet light drums give a strange kind of 'feel' and grandour to it, percussions make pleasant sound. Wonderful harmonies and great tension fill the air, when I let 'Eros' play.

Maybe my oppinion about this record is foolishly over-appreciating, but I do find that this is one great masterpiece. It's full of tension, heaviness and symphonic value. Everything, from the conceptless concept to the artwork of the album and of course the magnificent music, is splendour for me.

Every track here is outstending, but the peaks are 'Arrakis' and 'L'Epice', which start the record. The music's all-instrumental, if you don't count the strange, bloody glorious shoutings in 'Eros' (where they shout: 'Eros!') and the oah-oah-oah-oah in 'Bitonio'. The last so-called bonus piece, 'Acoustic Fremen' ends the album really nicely.

As far as ratings go, I would give 'Eros' the maximum, but to take a more objective stand-point, I give it 4.9 stars !

Eerichtho | 5/5 |