The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord CD (album) cover

IN SEARCH OF THE LOST CHORD

The Moody Blues

Slartibartfast
5 stars 5 stars The Moody Blues really seem sort of borderline progressive to me these days. Just considering their whole catalog and the early material in the context of other music that was coming out at the time.

This may have been their finest hour. Only track I might kick to the curb: Dr. Livingstone, I Presume. It's not as disposable as some of their cheesy tracks on other albums, but still, I could live without it.

The rest of pieces are true gems. OK, except for two the poetry pieces, but they are mercifully short. The rest of the album is very moving. It's likely the best example of psychedelic music you'll find. I'm pretty sure they never did find that damn lost chord though.

Slartibartfast | 5/5 |