Egdon Heath - In The City CD (album) cover

Egdon Heath

3 stars In the early nineties I checked out a lot of prog bands, often without even listening in the store. It was more or less the same with this album, although I knew Egdon Heath by a sampler, on which the song In the City was to be found. So I knew that one, thought it was kind of a special song, it has a somewhat gloomy sound and mood over it and it intrigued me. It was interesting to notice that some of the other songs on this album sounded more or less the same or even more melancholy. I never heard anything like this, it's absolutely neoprog, but quite unusual, without being weird or so. So if you want to hear something completely different, but still acceptable music, check this out. Because it's not really great or outstanding I give it 3 stars.
progrules | 3/5 |