Magic Pie - Circus Of Life CD (album) cover

CIRCUS OF LIFE

Magic Pie

huge
2 stars Perhaps it's me, but I feel this offering falls short of their debut, the eklectic mix of styles is still there as is the musicianship, but this album feels faintly forced, as though it is trying emulate their first; not build upon it.

Too often the vocal parts sound 'safe', though melodic, it is too remeniscent of perhaps THE EAGLES, Trick of the mind certainly reminds me of 'Horse with no name' (AMERICA). With the technical skills displayed in between vocal passages the overall effect sounds quite disjointed, too many styles appear to be incorporated - easy listening through to prog metal.

Some nice guitar solos are splashed throughout, very safe drumming (almost by numbers) and very average vocals.

Not the album I was hoping for, quite a disappointment in fact, especially after their debut... 2 stars (just).

huge | 2/5 |