King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King CD (album) cover

King Crimson

5 stars I just bought the 30th anniversary edition for the nice coverart (I would have preferred a nice article instead of the paper cut outs, which are not even complete) and by looking on the credits I realized for the first time that 3 of the 5 tracks were cowritten by the group and 2 by Ian Mc Donald.I always found that ITCOTCK is quiet atypical in the KC discography and now I think it is mainly due to the influence of Mc Donalds compositions and Greg Lake's voice. I believe that Robert Fripp always wanted to go into more improvisation, which he does on his later records.The track which reflects the most R.Fripp is TMHO Moonchild and especially the second half which would much easier fit into Lizard where Fripp's Jazz/improvisation influences are much stronger.Nevertheless it's still one of my all time favourite records.
Alucard | 5/5 |