Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Chocolate Kings  CD (album) cover

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars "Chocolate Kings" is a great album, maybe one of the best into PFM discography: awsome symphonic compositions, superb and powerful instrumental sections leaded by keyboards and guitar and at least a pair of songs which could be in the PFM Top 10 Songs of All Time (From Under and Harlequin). But there's something strange here...

I don't know if the english lyrics inffluenced me to think that album is closer to the classic 70's symphonic prog from England but PFM sound in this release has new and different musical elements that gives to their compositions a twist which leads every song to an uniform sound. I insist, the album is great, well arranged and composed but there's a missing piece that I still can't find. That piece (could be more agresiveness, more inspiration, more compromise...) is the little detail which could made this album a masterpiece. But is missing...

progadicto | 4/5 |