Amaran's Plight - Voice In The Light CD (album) cover

Amaran's Plight

5 stars Of all the new music I bought this year, this is my favorite. From the opening of "Room 316" to the fantastic duet "I Promise You" (with an underrated female singer) to "Revelation", I found myself singing along as I listened. DC Cooper has never been my favorite singer, but he does an excellent job here with songs that show his potential. Garry Wehrnkamp's music writing ability is impressive, and his skill on the guitar is evident here. Kurt B plays tricky bass parts with ease. And Nick's drumming proves that one doesn't need to have double-bass on every song to make quality Prog music. My favorite songs are "I Promise You" and "Consummation Opus." The only question I have is, when will we be blessed with another Amaran's Plight album?

This is a must-have for any prog music fan!

Pepper | 5/5 |