Areknamés - Love Hate Round Trip CD (album) cover

5 stars This album blew me away completely, from the first King crimson inspired assault to the last minute of this awesome album. I'm a huge fan of Van der graaf generator and most albums from Peter Hammills so when I got a tip to check this album out I got it and couldn't beleive my ears. Areknames is a VDGG from the new millennium and on this album they have made every second count so this is as good as anything VDGG made. In my book this album is not only the best album of 2006, this is one of the best of all times. Yes, thats right! This album made it in my top 20 of all times and that doesn't happen anymore. Last time that happened was with Änglagĺrds Hybris from 1992.

The album has got it all, it's complex, dark and filled with great songs and melodies. What strikes me most is that it's the more slower songs that I feel are the strongest ones. Essential in any progressive rock collection.

Andis | 5/5 |