Fish - Thirteenth Star CD (album) cover

THIRTEENTH STAR

Fish

Tarcisio Moura
4 stars A surprisingly good album from someone I thought would never release something really worth it again. Fish bares his heart and soul in this concept album about a man in a failed relantionship (very autobiographical, I should say). Musicly speaking its his best produced album and the musicians shine on every track. His partnership wiht bassist Steve Vantsis gave new life to his music. Many different moods and styles according to the feelings he express in each occasion. Very good! the superb production brings out many subtleties that maybe were present on earlier works, but we unable to grasp. Now finally hes got the perfect sound for his songwriting.

Not since sunsets On Empire Ive heard him so inspired and alive. Everything works on this album. As for some reviewers debating if this is a trueprog album or not is pointless. This is music, by a great name in prog. Ok, this no symphonic album, with no melltrons or 10 minutes solos, but the music is still progressive (in the broader sense of the word). And, besides, who cares? It is good, damn good music. Label as you like it. But just listen. I had lost any hope with Fish. Im glad I was wrong.

Welcome back, my friend, to the show that never ends...

Tarcisio Moura | 4/5 |