Blackfield - Blackfield II CD (album) cover

BLACKFIELD II

Blackfield

Slartibartfast
3 stars Another great little collection of songs to slash your wrists to from Blackfield. I'm pretty much sure that's the goal of this particular Steven Wilson project.

But seriously the music is beautiful, but the lyrics mostly all depressing and about emotional pain, anguish, loss, etc. Still, I like it. It's actually a little more upbeat lyrically than the first, which I find more progressive musically, and was the one that sucked me in to Blackfield, as well as got me to check out many of the rest of Mr. Wilson's projects outside of Porcupine Tree.

Sorry, folks, no metal guitar licks here if that's what you're expecting, in fact I don't think there are any SW projects that really deliver that like the PT. The style here is mostly dark and mellow. It's one of the many fine offerings by Steven and others for 2007.

Slartibartfast | 3/5 |