King Crimson - Islands CD (album) cover

King Crimson

el böthy
4 stars Maybe King Crimson worst album... and yet it´s very good!!! It´s just like that, King Crimson can not make an bad album, specially not the 70´s Crimson. But I do have to say that I don´t like this one as much as "Red", "In the Court ..." (my absolut favorite) or "Discipline". Maybe because it´s too... relaxed, so don´t expect hard songs like "21 st century schizoid man" or "Red". But if you are in the mood for something like that, then theres nothing better. I personally find the two instrumental songs to be the best of all the album, specially "Sailors Tale". That song is just so Fripp. So remember, its a good album, but if you like the rather hard side of the group, then you really should think it twice...
el böthy | 4/5 |