Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.23 | 2063 ratings

4 stars I admire Porcupine Tree for a long time, somehow it's not really my cup of tea where the style is concerned but their superoriginal approach and pioneering tendency deserve every credit. And because they explore so many different directions not all of those directions appeal equally to me and then I'm talking about the Voyage/Metanoia/Coma Devine kind of material.

But this is just another regular album by PT and it's always interesting to check them out. After a few listens I want to concentrate on the epic on this album. Anesthetize is another amazing effort of Steve Wilson and the other band members. It's with these kind of compositions I can only bow in admiration of what he has achieved. I'm really in love with this track. It's so versatile, moving fluently from one passage into the next and I keep wondering: how do composers do this ? They have to be brilliant and real genius.

Anyway, this track draws all the attention and leaves the other ones palish in the background. The others aren't really significant objectively spoken. Just Way out of here is a very nice one but the rest is less. And because of that I can't give this 5 stars but of course 4 is the least in this case.

progrules | 4/5 |