Alamaailman Vasarat - Kaarmelautakunta CD (album) cover

Alamaailman Vasarat

4 stars This album is great. The group has a unique sound, made more possible by the instruments they use. Somehow they make acoustic instruments sound very dark and heavy - even distorted. I've been told they are exclusievly acoustic, but I swear some of this stuff sounds like it has added distortion. If they pulled off that sound naturally, I am very impressed. This album shows that Alamaailman Vasarat is a worthy successor to Hoyry Kone. It's still quirky, though the operatic side is gone, ostensibly because they don't have the vocalist from before. The songs can be fun, angry, sad, even melodic. It's very good, but I still see some room for improvement.
Moatilliatta | 4/5 |