Porcupine Tree - Deadwing CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

King Crimson776
5 stars Porcupine Tree have created one of the greatest albums of the decade with this one. I agree completely that this is the top prog album of 2005. PT are heavier than ever on this album. It starts of with Deadwing, one of their finest songs that has some great guitar parts and some of their best lyrics. Shallow is my favorite song on the album, the riff is so catchy, I can't see how simp rockers and indie rockers can't hear this and just forget about bad music altogether. Lazarus is a nice little ballad with some slightly emo vocals (not emo in the post-hardcore sense but rather in the overly sensitive and sentimental sense), but it's also quite catchy. Halo has a supercatchy chorus and Arriving Somewhere has some great moments too. Anyway, I highly recomend this album to anyone who goes on this site, so if you don't have it and are looking to get into modern prog, get it. Better than In Asentia in my opinion.
King Crimson776 | 5/5 |