King Crimson - Earthbound CD (album) cover

King Crimson

4 stars I have to agree with the awful sound quality this album has. I actually cant tell if Burrell's voices is really distorted in 21st Century Schizoid Man like in the original version or if its the sound quality that's causing that soun effect. But try to look deeper...that version of 21st century its really outstanding and has one of the best sax solos I've ever heard. (Althoug I like the Cirkus version more). Anyways, Sailor's Tale os also good. But the jams presented here are excelent, they cause like a big funky aura. They do what must funk and jazz musicians do...they jam and come up with very crazy stuff like the electronics in Groon and the improvised vocals on Peoria and Earthbound. I'd recommend this to people who already know King Crimson, cause if you try to start with this one you might get the wrong idea.
| 4/5 |