Porcupine Tree - Signify CD (album) cover

SIGNIFY

Porcupine Tree

progrules
3 stars I bought this album when it was released so I have it over 10 years now. I played it a lot in the beginning but not for over 5 years at this moment. I wanted to review it so I played it once again. In my memory it wasn't too great because of the "spacy" tracks that weren't my cup of tea back then. But in my memory there were a lot more of those than it appeared in reality. The tracks I'm referring to are the first, fourth and eleventh. They spoiled the fun for me at the time because I think these tracks are useless. This is producing sound, not making music. There will probably fans of that kind of music but I'm not one of them.

On the other hand there is a Porcupine Tree that is very much of my liking and then we are talking about Waiting phase one and Dark Matter. These are my favourite tracks of the album and are almost mainstream neo prog. And then there are quite some tracks that are somewhere in the middle of the two types, partly spacy and partly more accessable. Like the tracks 7/10. Not bad at all but neither the best PT has ever produced to say the least.

So all in all not a bad album but at best a mediocre one in their history. 3 stars (3.25)

progrules | 3/5 |