Can - Tago Mago CD (album) cover

TAGO MAGO

Can

Krautrock

King Crimson776
4 stars Seriously great album, this one. By far Can's best; the reason it's not as highly rated as some of Can's inferior albums is because all the people who have a negative opinion of the band bombarded this album because it's their most famous.

Anyway, Paperhouse, Mushroom, Oh Yeah, Halleluwah and Bring Me Coffee or Tea are all great tracks that make this one of the definitive albums of this genre. Aumgn and Peking O are psycho jams that some complain about but I find them to be entertaining in their way. The grooves on this album are funkier and more memorable than on any other albums by the band, especially in the monster Halleluwah. The incessant drum beat is supercatchy and the organ climax is is beautifully done. This band and this album in particular were quite influential, even if their followers couldn't come close, and while Kraut isn't my favorite, it is essential to anyone interested in the genre. I give it 4 stars due to my personal enjoyment of it, but add another if you are a huge fan of Krautrock and can't get enough of the stuff.

King Crimson776 | 4/5 |