Uriah Heep - Head First CD (album) cover

Uriah Heep

3 stars Head First is crafed in the manner of Abominog, it's a really good album but to my ears is not as good as Abominog; first of all three songs are written by non UH members, including a Brian Adams cover - fortunately a lot better than the original - thank God! Searching is an unnecessary bonus track , not bad but a bit repetitive. Stay on Top never impressed me except for the great bass. As for the rest of the songs they're really great. Especially great work from Goalby and Box shine here.

Although I like Abominog more than Head First, I still give it three stars; as with Abominog, HF won't satisfy many progheads, except maybe for those who also enjoy AOR, hard rock and classic heavy metal.

Cristi | 3/5 |