Uriah Heep - Equator CD (album) cover

EQUATOR

Uriah Heep

Cristi
3 stars I will start by saying that I really enjoy listening to this album; the main problem i have is with some of the lyrics and the themes some songs have - poorly inspired, just ordinary and if i remember right, during the Byron era, the lyrics were important and beautifully made.

My favourite songs are Bad Blood, Angel, Holding On, Poor Little Rich Girl, and especially Heartache City and Night of the Wolf - two of the best songs UH wrote in the 80s. The lyrics ruin the rest of the songs for me, although I do listen to the entire album, but the lyrics are disappointing for me.

Still three stars, but the album is for Uriah Heep completionists only. AOR fans will also enjoy this album a lot.

Cristi | 3/5 |