Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Storia Di Un Minuto CD (album) cover

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

5 stars This album has it all musically. There are swirling keyboards, soaring guitars, driving rhythms and mesmerising vocals (even if they are in Italian). I suspect that Genesis must have had a great influence on PFM (and Genesis certainly spent a lot of time in Italy early in the 70s). If you don't believe me, check out that galloping musical section in E'Festa - which I feel also contains a hint of Jethro Tull.

I've never been one for doing track by track reviews and I won't do one here. There are plenty here already which have done the album more justice than I could in that regard. What I will say is that Impressioni di Settembre has very quickly become one of my favourite tracks. I just love the way that quiet verse segues into that amazing chorus. The rest of the tracks are similarly catchy but in very different ways such as the pastoral feeling Dove... Quando... (Parte I) and the concerto-jazz flavoured piano in Parte II. Marvellous stuff which I can't recommend highly enough.

For a debut, this is outstanding and I am eternally ashamed that I have only recently discovered it. So thanks to PFM for making this music and to this site for helping me to see the light. This one is another must have.

scarista | 5/5 |