The Mars Volta - Amputechture CD (album) cover

The Mars Volta

5 stars My first review!

I chose Amputechture for my first review because i´m truely addicted to it! To be honest i don´t know The Mars Volta members names (not all) and i don´t even care... neither do i know all the track´s names...not that much important to me, sorry! What i do know is that i´m a happy, complete, fulfilled person when i listen to any of TMV´s albuns, these guys are really brilliant!

TMV really takes progressive music one step ahead, very unlike Dream Theatre and all the new prog clones that only make technical advances and forget that music is supposed to have a Soul! (Sorry DT fans,not an offense,just an opinion)

Back to Amputechture: What can i say? It´s mindblowing! The mad and angry Sax solos are of a superior kind, jazzlike stuff, sometimes it reminds me of VDGG, i dare to say they´re even better! The Guitars...no words for it, Omar´s a genious! The Vocals are flawless, and the Drums...OH MY GOD...i dare some Drum n´Bass DJ´s to do better! The effects are very good too, everything´s perfect about this album! My favourite tracks are: Tetragrammaton and Day of the Baphomets... and all the rest too! lol

Even if you don´t like it at first you should give it a chance and listen to it a few more times, you´ll love it! This one is truely an essential, go ahead and buy it, you won´t regret it! 5 stars!

progLee | 5/5 |