Kevin Gilbert - The Shaming Of The True CD (album) cover

Kevin Gilbert

5 stars This is brilliant. Kevin Gilbert is Brilliant.

I don't know how to explain this album, really. From my first listen on, I was wowed by its sheer brilliance. Musically, this album is much more complex than Thud, but the music is still somehow exceedingly accessible and friendly to all. The lyrics tell the tale of Johnny Virgil, but I would not want to ruin the story for you, so I'm not saying anything else. I'm having a hard time explaining how this album is in words, becuase words do not do the music justice. Words cannot clearly express KG's music.

The most impressive part of the entire KG experience here is that when listening, one can feel his love for music just dripping off of the entire album. His love for music, his passion, his care for it is simply so clear here. When I bought this album, I payed not just for a few songs, but I payed for pure emotion. Absolute, unadulterated passion and love for his art. You know exactly where Kevin stands after listening to this album. You know how he feels. To me, that is what music is all about: feeling the artist from his or her artistic expression of sound. Kevin can pull this off with such ease and vibrance.

If you love music, this album is for you. It's one of those albums that one simply cannot put down. No less than 5 stars. Maybe even 6.

Inverted | 5/5 |