Billy Cobham - Spectrum CD (album) cover

Billy Cobham

4 stars Despite some moments when the master behind the drums is taking the front side and playing some drums solos this album is almost perfect(beginning of Searching For The Right Door and Anxiety / Taurian Matador). I don't like when an instrumentalist is taking the control and plays by himself so evidently. For all that it's really hard not to appreciate the music only because of this. Billy Cobham is for sure one of the best drummers of the jazz/jazz rock genres. He played with Mahavishnu Orchestra and Miles Davis but here we have a solo album which is probably his best effort so far. My favorite song is Stratus. Almost 10 minutes of jazz rock as it should be. But we don't have any weak song actually. I had a look over the rates my predecessors reviewers gave and saw only 4 and 5 stars. This is something which indicates how strong this album it is. Nevertheless it's really hard to decide between giving 4 or 5 stars. Based on the first observation I will give only 4 stars but I recommend this to every jazz rock fellows.
petrica | 4/5 |