Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34 - The Complete Trip  CD (album) cover

VOYAGE 34 - THE COMPLETE TRIP

Porcupine Tree

PinkPangolin
4 stars Totally love this!!! What a fascinating idea - to have all this lush psychedelic music going on behind this peculiar American-voiced chat about LSD. It really rocks and phases 1 and 2 have these amazing liquid-rock guitar solos that you can really lose yourself in. As a single - a bizarre idea, but fabulous!! Steve Wilson proves he has great skill and can really play - and this 15 years ago!

Some people may think he has really cribbed the Pink Floyd beat from Another Brick in the Wall (pt 1)/ Run Like Hell, but I don't mind - I'm glad somebody did, because I love it!!

Not quite 5 stars as a full album, as phase 3 is a little boring/ repetitive/ silly. Phase 4 is nice - you can lose yourself in that too (Ricard Barberi's first effort for PT I think), but it doesn't live up to phases 1 and 2. 5 stars for phases1 and 2 (as it was originally) - phases 3 and 4 are more fillers....but Ok.

Well recommended!!! Peculiar? Oh yes.....

PinkPangolin | 4/5 |