Bacamarte - Depois Do Fim CD (album) cover

2 stars In my opinion this album has many great aspects and many weak points! The technical level of the musicians is absolutely superb, and I really appreciate their ability to quote many bands that probably inspired them like YES, PFM, ELP etc... but, at the same time, this aspect sometimes make the records sounding too much similar to those artists and not very personal. In my opinion an average band trying to make something absolutely personal and unique is betterthan a great band that "sounds like" YES (just to make an example). And this is why I think that album is nothing more than a good one. When I started listening to UFO (the opener) I though "wow that's just great" but as the minutes and the chords keeps passing my excitement fade out. A second element that I completely dislike are the vocals. In particular in the song "controversia" the vocals never shot the target. Anyway therecord is abslutely good but many aspects make it just average IMO. If you have already listened to all YES, GENESIS, PFM and ELP albums this one can't add nothing to what you've already listened. Average 2,5 stars really!
MorgothSunshine | 2/5 |