Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

4 stars "The Grand Wazoo" is one of the greatest Zappa albums which I have heard. This album really begins to show Zappa's blues and jazz influences as well as the continuation of his unique avant-garde humour which we saw him display so famously with The Mothers. Zappa's style is clear from the opening bars of the album's opener "The Grand Wazoo", which shows off a warpy sounding bluesy guitar solo, which develops into some excellent bits of music throughout the thirteen minute song. The best song on the album, in my opinion, is the powerful jazz/rock tune "Eat That Question", which has one of my favourite keyboard intros of any band i've heard. An other song I really like is the three minute long "Cleetus Awreetus Awrightus", which really shows that Zappa is still a freak at heart. An greatalbum and a must have for any Zappa fans out there. 4 stars.
cynthiasmallet | 4/5 |