Crimson Glory - Astronomica CD (album) cover

ASTRONOMICA

Crimson Glory

UMUR
2 stars This is not very impressive to me. I´m not an old fan of Crimson Glory even though I possess Transendence, and think that one is good. I especially like Midnight´s vocals on that album. He is an extreme singer and a very powerful one.

On this their comeback album Midnight has been replaced by Wade Black, who has a whole other singing style. He is more of a Rob Halford screamer ( though not as good). That is not the biggest problem with the album though, as I can live with Wade Black even though I am not that impressed, it´s more the compositions that lacks the early day´s freshness and inspired attitudes. The sound quality is good and the musicians are clearly competent, but it all seems very uninspired. You can sense why this was the only comeback album from Crimson Glory, they had no more to offer.

I won´t recommend this to anyone but completists. A 2 star album for sure.

UMUR | 2/5 |