Crimson Glory - Crimson Glory CD (album) cover

CRIMSON GLORY

Crimson Glory

UMUR
3 stars Wow what a surprise. I have had Crimson Glory´s sophmore album Transendence for a couple of years and enjoyed it very much. I never would have expected that their debut album would be this good. This was released in 1986, and if you look back at what was on the scene at that time, this is very good and especially the production is pretty refined.

The music is in the vein of early Fates Warning and Queensryche allthough I feel Crimson Glory is a little more powerful than those two. This means that it is traditional heavy metal with prog leanings you´ll get when listening to Crimson Glory. Their style wasn´t fully developed until Transendence but this album is very much on the way.

Midnight´s voice is really a treat to listen to. The man has some special pipes on him. The rest of the band are also very impressive. The rythm section is great and the guitar solo´s exciting.

I guess this was a classic in the early days of Prog metal, but even though it is very good for the time, it does sound very dated. The quality is good, but I am having a hard time seeing modern prog metal fans being impressed here. 3 stars for a very good metal album is fair here.

UMUR | 3/5 |