Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.23 | 2063 ratings

2 stars To start this review I've to say that I'm a big Porcupine fan! I've follewd them for so many years, saw them live five times. At the same time I've to say that FOABP was really a big disappointment to me! Mr. Wilson alway surpised me with every new release, but It's from In Absentia (that I consider his absolute masterpiece!) that things are getting a bit less interesting. FOABP has really few things to say, many things in the records were already said with In Absentia and Deadwing, the records that started the "heavy-riffs" Porcupine era. Anyway talking about the album I have to say that the long Anesthetize shows the best part of the record. A well inspired "suite" with a great melody and a great riff. But 17 minutes in a records are not enough for Mr. Wilson. I was expecting something more. Another pretty good traxk is the opener, I appreciate the hypnotic riff. The rest of the record can be defined just a "filler" to obtain 50 minutes of music. In particular the worst is the last song "Sleep togheter" reallu uninteresting and boring, probably the worst of entire PT inventory! I have to say that I prefear psychedelic and melodic PT that this later extreme-metal-inspired version of PT. I hope Mr. Wilson will make something different in the future.
MorgothSunshine | 2/5 |