Thought Chamber - Angular Perceptions CD (album) cover

ANGULAR PERCEPTIONS

Thought Chamber

UMUR
3 stars Thought Chamber debut album Angular Perceptions is prog metal in the Dream Theater vein. Lots of tempo and time signature changes, melodic vocals and outstanding musicians. Only problem is that we´ve heard it all before both better and worse. When I started listening to the album I was sure that this would be a 4 star album, but I have changed my mind after a couple of listens. This is really a 3 star album, not that it is mediocre, but as I mentioned before we´ve heard it all before and midway through the album I get bored with the style and the riffs get generic in my ears.

The musicians are outstanding throughout the album even though I have never heard of any of them before. That´s except for Ted Leonard from Enchant who does a great job here, putting his voice to full use. He sounds better here than he did on the last couple of releases from Enchant. Maybe he believes more in this band ?

Well I used to be very much into this style of music, but my interrest has cooled over the years, and maybe this is the reason for my 3 stars. It is an impressive album, just not my prefered style.

UMUR | 3/5 |